Sunday, March 4, 2012

Da Boss sayz Paintz! You Gitz Paint


Well despite still being somewhat angry, and bitter, I've painted something... Something Orky!

First things first, painting Orks is [i]fun[/i]... There is something really, really absorbing about painting green flesh. It has a highly different feel than flat armor surfaces, and I'm a little disappointed that it's taken me so long to actually paint one! If you've never had the pleasure, I suggest you do so! And Boss Snikrot is a blast of a figure. Plenty of character in the design! I know that the GW version has gone quite pale, but I wanted to push the green ^_^














Day one:
The Green:
1) 1:1 mix of Snot and Goblin green as a base coat.
2) Glazed the green with a 1:2 of Thraka green and Water
3) Highlight one with Goblin green. Highlight two with 1:1 mix of Goblin green and Golden yellow
4) Watered down Dark Angel Green and painted into the recesses.

The Leather:
1) Snakebite leather as base
2) Wash with Devlan Mud. That's it so far! Needs lots more.

The Silver:
1) 1:1 of Bolt Gun and Black.
2) One layer of Bolt Gun on the blade side. Still lots more to do.

Lots more to do everywhere, but I'm just glad to be painting :D

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about painting greenskins, and this one is looking great. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SAJ. MAss Effect 3 is cutting into my painting time, but I'll get there :)

      Delete