Day two of this trade marine. Obvious additions are the head and the arm. I'm liking how it's all coming together... Took some extra special attention with the head & I think it's paid off quite well.
- Smoothed out the purple a little bit. I felt the transitions were stringy... If that can be used to descibe painting?
- The helm is done with Bolt Gun > Base Gold (Andrea Paints). Then a glaize of Sepia, then detail lines with Orgyn Flesh, then Devlan Mud and then finally black. To highlight the gold I used base again followed by White Gold (Andrea Paints).
- The eyes and head gem were done with my regular gem technique. I might have to redo the left eye (His right), it looks a little funny...
- The Base: Pretty simple, did four layers of greys, each drybrushed...
- Detail work: Gems, parchment wording, etc. - I'm a little unsure about what color to make the leg laurel, I was thinking gold, but I might be a little overboard on the gold, maybe green? - A little more work on the weapon. It's a dark grey right now, might lighten it up a couple of touches of grey... - The Backpack! Crap! I forgot the backpack... AGAIN! *sigh* - Anything else I can think of, or get told about from all of you :D