Monday, November 22, 2010

Wizard Raistlin - Touchups

After some excellent advice over the finished result I went back to work on Wizard Raislin. I'm much happier with this result, and while he's not perfect I'll be stopping work on him here.

Things done:

Skin - Reworked the skin tone using a 1:1 mix of Beige Brown and basic skin tone. It's not perfect, but the copper looking skin is gone. I could of touched it up with a few more highlights I supose...

Cloak: I went over the cloak again rather than try and save the extreme highlights. This time the result might be to soft, but I think the shadows suit it better than the extreme highlights.

Staff head: Heh, my first attempt at some directional lighting. Mixed results. It works, but with everything I'll only get better with practice. This was done with an airbrush, which I'm going to be playing around with more and more with my miniatures. The method was done in the as described by Eggroll over at Dakka Dakka. If you haven't seen his Blood Angels you should go find them. They're bloody stunning. I decided to add the little rune thingies in the staff head because the plain orb looked very strange...
At the end of the day I'm happy with the finished result.

Now on to a marine ^_^
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment