Sunday, November 14, 2010

Three projects start!



I have three things going on right now and the first is this wizard. He's actually going to be mine! It's been so long since I've painted anything for myself *sniff* I'm getting all emotional... We're playing through the entire Hero Quest game, plus expansions. I'm the wizard. It was as good an excuse to buy the wizard set as any... I haven't quite got a color scheme sorted for him yet. I was thinking red for his cloak, but I already do a lot of red so maybe something different... Maybe blue... His face is gold plated and his staff head is going to be gold...

Still not super confident about painting Fantasy stuff... See how he goes ^_^

My second of three projects is a Deathwatch Marine. I've always liked the concept of the Deathwatch Marines; IE the best of the best used by the Inquisition for kill teams. Easy to paint too. Black! I wanted him to be a little different so I gave him an auspex and used a kneeling posture marine. I've chosen to give him a plasma gun rather than a bolter. Not sure if it works, especially with the angle he's holding it while looking away. Still it's easily changable later on...

This is a trade marine for Gilsplita from DAKKA DAKKA Forums...

And lastly, a Sanctus Marine! Nothing like a Shadow Sanctus Marine. Good primary colors, and they're mine! So I should know how to paint them... I've given this guy a chainsword arm from the Black Templar upgrade set. I like the idea of chaining things to their weapons... Especially marines! He'll be standard veteran colors. Red armor. Blue Helm, blue left shoulder pad, etc. As with all my marines, backpacks come last...

This is a trade marine for WhaleMusic360 on DAKKA DAKKA Forums.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment