Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chaplain Stone...

Right now I'm working on assembling my Sanguinary Guard. They're quite fun and dynamic, although I'm not sure how I'm going to go about painting the gold. Anyway, I figured that I would also start putting up some of my older stuff, and first off is my Terminator Chaplain - Chaplain Stone.

I painted Stone on April the 5th last year, and he was my best miniature to date at the time. The miniature itself was a lot of fun to paint. I've been asked why I decided to go grey instead of the pure black like most chaplains and truthfully I really dislike pure black as a large surface color, even highlighted splendidly it still looks like wasted space. I was very happy with the end result, especially the gems, which for me have always been a problem; one which still plagues me...

2 comments:

  1. Painting little more than a year, and already finishing a great figure like this? That's great! You have some awesome painting skills :)

    ReplyDelete