Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Alrighty, yet another finished figure. The pace is starting to show on this one... My exceptionally quick Elf Ranger. Three hours from start to finish and it really shows... Normally I would of taken a lot more care with the brown, but it's such a pain in the ass color to properly highlight. I am happy how the green came out though, I normally don't get a chance to paint large areas of green and the speed highlighting worked quite well... The red was the last addition. When it was just brown and green it seemed to miss something, and then it occurred to me that red will both tie him into Witch-Hunters and give him a little zing... Likewise there are meant to be little leaf clumps in parts I've just painted them an off-green and given them a wash... I normally don't like to complain about a miniature being responsible for painting short-comings but this was a bitch, lots of little fiddly bits to get in the way and overlapping bits of cloak / armor / leather make it quite hard to pick apart whats meant to be what color...After some playtesting I've changed my warband slightly which means I now have four more figures and ten more days....

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment