Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dark Eldar Mandrake - Day Two

First off please excuse the images. They were taken early evening without my lightbox or any lights. Just couldn't be assed getting it all out...



All the base colors are now on, minus the base. The biggest change since yesterday is the blue Wytch-fire instead of green. The green was ok. But it didn't quite have the impact I was looking for. Then I remembered Roleplayers Jump pack tutorial and the blue he used for that and figured I'd give it a go. I think it looks pretty good, especially in contrast to the red...

The flames have come out quite nicely on his hand. GW goes from dark base to light outer as that "looks better" but fire is hottest, and thus brightest the closer to the source, so I've gone the other way. It's not perfect, but it's the first time I've tried it...

I've started lightning up the hair by picking out a few strands here and there going up the grayscale.

The blade is all boltgun metal with a wash of black followed by a wash of Orgyn Flesh to give it a worn look.

Things to do:
- Highlight the body.
- Highlight touches of the robes. -
Highlight the sword, and apply blood effects.
- Do the base. Since I have gone blue the Base will definitly be Ice...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment